Background / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Women’s Christian College, Madras, India.
- Medical Degree: Madras Medical College, Madras, India.
- Medical Internship: St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO.
- Residency: Neurology, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO.
- Mini Fellowship: Multiple Sclerosis: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX.
- Mini Fellowship: Epilepsy: Kiffin Penry at Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Recertified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Office Locations Dr B.Sundaram Sees Patients:
- Baylor Medical Center of McKinney
- Medical Center of McKinney HCA
- Medical Center of Plano HCA
- Medical Center of Southeastern Oklahoma
- Texoma Medical Center in Denison
- Wilson N. Jones Regional Medical Center
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Stroke Association
- American Sleep Disorders Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Neurological Society
- American Association of Physicians from India
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Director of Neurosciences, TMC, Denison, TX
- Director of Lone Star Chapter of National MS Society, Texoma MS Clinic
- Physician Board Member, Epilepsy Foundation of North Texas.
- Director Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Community Medical Center, Sherman, TX.
- Director Reba McIntyre Rehabilitation Center, Denison, TX.
- Community Preceptor, UTMB Health School of Medicine, Galveston, TX – 2013-2014.
- Partner in Care – National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Topamax in headache, Phase 4 study, Ortho McNeil.
- Myobloc in Spasticity Retrospective study: Solstice Neuroscience
- Gilenya side effects, tolerability and outcome Phase 4 study: Novartis
- ASSESS Trial, sponsored by Novartis – Rater-dose-blinded to compare efficacy of FingolimodACSLEPIOS Phase III trial, sponsored by Novartis – Double blind investigational trial for Ofatumumb/Placebo vs Aubagio/Placebo
Investigational Phase IV trials – PASSAGE, IVSS, Pro-Act and PASS, sponsored by Novartis and Sanofi/Genzyme
- Adult Epilepsy Video Monitoring Unit: Texoma Medical Center, Denison, TX.
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson’s Disease and Tremors.
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation for Epilepsy.
- Intrathecal Baclofen in Spasticity.
- Botox (Botulinum Toxin) for spasticity and movement disorders.
Dr. B. Sundaram, or Dr. B as she is commonly called, joined TIND in 1994. She has special interest in Multiple Sclerosis and is the Director of the MS Clinic. She also has significant interest in spasticity, movement disorders, epilepsy and stroke. She has a passion for learning new procedures which improves the quality of life for her patients. She has brought some very complex neurological procedures to North Texas which are usually done at major universities like DBS and Botox for neurological disorders. She enjoys the special interaction with patients as they understand their disease process. She also is instrumental in developing the stroke program at Texoma Medical Center which has won accolades for its accomplishments as the primary stroke care center in Sherman/Denison region.
Dr. B has been married to Easwar for 27 years and together they have three children; all of whom attend college around the country. She enjoys gardening, traveling and music. She especially loves her dogs, music and the Isha Yoga meditation.