Special Interest: General Neurology, Multiple sclerosis, Stroke, Headache
Background / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Pre-Med, Loyola College, Madras, India.
- Medical Degree: Madras Medical College, Madras, India.
- Medical Internship: St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY.
- Residency: Neurology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT.
- Mini Fellowship: Sleep: Sleep Medicine Institute, Birmingham, Al.
- Mini Fellowship: Epilepsy: Kiffin Penry at Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Recertified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Office Locations Dr Easwar Sundaram Sees Patients:
- Baylor Medical Center of McKinney
- Medical Center of McKinney HCA
- Medical Center of Plano HCA
- Medical Center of Southeastern Oklahoma
- Texoma Medical Center in Denison
- Wilson N. Jones Regional Medical Center
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Stroke Association
- American Sleep Disorders Association
- Consortium of MS Centers
- International Movement Disorders Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Neurological Society
- American Association of Physicians from India
- Member Medical Group Management Association
- Member American College of Healthcare Executives
- Medical Director of Stroke Services, Medical Center of McKinney
- Director of Stroke Services, Baylor Medical Center at McKinney
- Member, Baylor Neuroscience Council, Dallas, TX.
- Member, Brain & Spine Council, Medical City Healthcare, HCA, Dallas, Texas
- President of Texoma Neurology Associates P.A. and now dba Texas Institute for Neurological Disorders.
- Member and Secretary, Board of Managers, Carrus Hospitals, Sherman, Texas.
- Director of Neurosciences, WNJ Medical Center, Sherman, TX
- Medical Director of Rehabilitation Hospital, Carrus Hospitals
- Medical Director of Rehabilitation Unit, WNJ Hospital & And Community Specialty Hospital
- Best Neurologist Texoma Area 2013
- D Magazine Best Neurologist 2013
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Department of Pathology, Dr. Bennett and Dr. Vinay Kumar: NK cells and its properties as well as effects on Cognition.
- Management of Caregiver Stress in Alzheimer’s disease. Various locations on behalf of Area Agency on Aging, Texoma Council of Governments, Sherman, TX.
- Dementia and the various causes: Area on Agency on Aging, Texoma Council of Governments, Sherman, TX.
- Speaker: Novartis Corp, Alzheimer’s Dementia and the effect of rivastigmine transdermal patch.
- Speaker: Novartis Corp, Use of Stalevo vs. Sinemet to offset frequent worsening of symptoms.
- Speaker: UCB Corp, Use of Neupro patch for Restless legs syndrome and long term issues of augmentation of symptoms.
- Stroke Grand Rounds and Nursing Grand Rounds: Baylor Medical Center of McKinney, McKinney, TX.
- Acute Stroke diagnosis and treatment: Medical Center of McKinney Stroke support group presentation.
- Electromyogram and nerve Conductions
- Autonomic Testing
Dr. Sundaram Jr. joined TIND in 1989 when he joined Dr. Sundaram Sr. as the first partner in the practice. He has interests in all aspects of neurology with specific interests in acute stroke and delivery. He also is interested in Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis and treatment as well as Headaches and Movement Disorders. He has extensive experience in diagnosis and treatment of all types of dementias and specifically interested in the caregiver aspects of the overall care. He is currently the Medical Director of Stroke services at Baylor Medical Center at McKinney and Medical Center of McKinney, HCA. He believes in the education of patients as an integral part of overall patient care and treating one patient at a time.
He also is the President of the group which has grown to be the largest private practice neurology group in North Texas.
He is married to Bharathy and has 3 children who are all in college. He interests include gardening, hiking and traveling.