Background / Education:
- Medical degree: Hebei Medical University, Beijing, China
- MD/PHD: Beijing Medical University, Beijing, China
- Post-Doctoral Research: Department of Neurology, UPMC, Shreveport, LA.
- Residency: Neurology, LSUHSC, Shreveport, LA.
- Fellowship: Clinical Neurophysiology, UTSW, Dallas, TX.
- Fellowship: Sleep Medicine Fellowship, LSUHSC, Shreveport, LA.
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Certified by the American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology.
- BLS and ACLS.
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Society of Gene & Cell
- Two-group Classification of Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Based on Analysis of Brain Recurrence. P. Kim, D. McCarty, L Wang, C Frilot II, A Chesson, Jr., A. Marino. Paper, Clin Neurophysiol 2013 Nov 11. Pii: S1388-2457 (13).
- EEG recurrence markers and sleep quality. L Wang, D. McCarty, P. Kim, C Frilot II, A. Chesson, Jr., A. Marino. Paper, Journal of the Neurological Sciences Volume 331, Issues 1-2, 15 August 2013, Pages 26–30.
- Nocturnal Paroxysmal Events in an 8 year-old Girl. L DelRosso, L Wang, and R Hoque Paper, Journal of Clinical Sleep medicine 2013 February 1; 9(2): 178–180.
- Weakness and Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy. L Wang, S. Muppidi, E. Herndon Abstract. Journal of Clinical Neuromuscular Disease. Volume 14, Number 3, Page 17, March 2013.
- 16 Year-old Girl with Restless Legs Syndrome and Abnormally High Ferritin. L Wang, A. Chesson Jr. Abstract, AASM annual meeting 2012 in Boston.
- CPAP-Associated REM Rebound is Manifestation of Sleep Homeostasis Patients with Severe OSA. L Wang, D. McCarty, A Chesson, Jr., A. Marino. Abstract, AASM Annual Meeting 2012 in Boston
- Migration of Dendritic Cells from Murine Skeletal Muscle. L Wang, S Eghtesad, PR Clemens. Paper, Immunobiology, 2011 Jan-Feb; 216 (1-2): 195-199
- A patient with Loeys-Dietz Syndrome with Seizures. L. Wang, A. Kalra. Abstract, 21st Meeting of the European Neurological Society in 2011 (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Ophthalmoplegia & Quadriparesis in a 56 year-old Women on Chronic Hemodialysis. L Wang, R Schwendimann. Abstract. Journal of Clinical Neuromuscular Disease. Volume 11, Number 3, Page 12, March 2010.
- Study of Adenovirus Vetor-induced Activation of Muscle Dendritic Cells and Analysis of Mouse Dendritic Cell Migration from The Tibialis Anterior Muscle, L Wang, PR Clemens. Abstract. American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT) meeting 2007.
- BDNF Expression in Adult Rat Brain Hippocampus CA1 and CA3 Areas by Serotype-5 Recombinant Adeno-Associated Viral Vector, M Uy, L Wang, LQ Zhou, X Xiao, Y XU, Paper, submitted.
- Extensive Delivery of LacZ Reporter Gene and Expression of beta-Galactosidase in Adult Mouse Brain by Serotype-5 Recombinant Adeno-Associated Viral Vector, L Wang, Y Xu, Paper, Submitted.
- Extensive Delivery of LacZ Reporter Gene and Expression of beta-Galactosidase in Adult Mouse Brain by Serotype-5 Recombinant Adeno-Associated Viral Vector, L Wang, J Li, B. Wang, L Zhou, X Xiao, Y Xu. Abstract. Associate of University Anesthesiologists (AUA) meeting 2003.
- Systemic Gene Delivery in Adult Mouse Brain by Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors, L Wang, LQ Zhou, B. Wang, Z. Wang, J Li, X Xiao, Y Xu, Abstract, Molecular Therapy, 2002, 5(5), S100
- Late Reversal of Cerebral Perfusion and Water Diffusion after Transient Focal Ischemia in Rats, L Wang, VE. Yushmanov, SM. Liachenko, P Tang, RL. Hamilton, and Y Xu, Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2002, 22, 253-261
- ADC Characterization of Region-Specific Response to Cerebral Perfusion Deficit in Rats by MRI at 9.4 T, V Yushmanov, L Wang, S Liachenko, P Tang, Y Xu, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2002, 47, 562-570
- The biochemical properties of L-arginine/nitric oxide pathway in rat brain mitochondria, J Cao, L Wang, BL Zhao, QT Chen, YF Qi, CS Tang, Paper, Sheng Li Xue Bao, 2001, 53(4), 261-264
- The Changes of Production of Nitric Oxide by Mitochondria and Its Nitric Oxide Synthase Activity in Rats with Focal Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion, L Wang, JX Xu, QT Chen, Paper, Chinese Journal of Pathophysiology, 2000, 16(4), 289-292
- The biochemical properties of L-arginine/nitric oxide pathway in rat brain mitochondria, J Cao, L Wang, BL Zhao, QT Chen, YF Qi, CS Tang, Paper, Sheng Li Xue Bao, 2001, 53(4), 261-26419. Production of NO by Rat Brain Mitochondria, L Wang, BL Zhao, QT Chen, National Medical Journal of China, 2000, 80(7), 544-546
- 20. Cerebrovascular Medical Science, Tissue Factor in Thrombogenicity, XQ Liu, L Wang, QT Chen, GuoWaiYiXue. 1999, 4, 215-217
Dr. Wang joined TIND in 2014.She was working in San Antonio before moving to this area. Dr. Wang started her career in medicine with research focus and obtained her Ph.D. after medical school. She has done extensive research as noted in her publications. In addition, she subsequently trained in neurology and also did fellowships in clinical neurophysiology and sleep. She has found her passion in patient care and treatment of acute care neurological problems. She works as the neuro-hospitalist primarily at Medical Center of Plano.
Dr. Wang is married and enjoys spending time with her two children. She also likes jewelry design and watching movies.